DStv has today formally kicked off its festive campaign ahead of the longest school holiday season each calendar year with kids from public schools already at home.
From today, the DStv HD decoder with one-month DStv Compact bouquet is available at all leading supermarkets, service agents and MultiChoice service centres countrywide for only Ksh. 3,999.
For Dstv, the festive season is perfect for family viewing and DStv has every good reason to get the family together. With the best programming created for family viewing, the holiday season is about to get exciting. Wherever your family is, there is where DStv is! Be it the regular nuclear family, your family of friends with whom you travel, watch sports, or work with, DStv has exciting programming for everybody.
“The holiday season is the perfect time for family viewing with every member of the family. It is a time to relax, gather around shared passions, and connect with new realities. In keeping with our promise of putting our customers at the heart of our business, DStv is committed to delivering shows that our consumers love directly into their hands and their living rooms. The holiday season is an important time for our customers, and this makes it equally important for DStv to bring the family together,” said Eric Odipo, MultiChoice Kenya Managing Director.
With the best line-up of movies, series, sports, kiddie shows, music and general entertainment, your family will never miss a show thanks to the DStv Now app available for smartphone, tablets and smart TV’s. Catch the best football, drama, reality shows, and breath-taking sport on the go. The DStv Now app is available for download on the iOS App Store or on Google Play Store and includes Apple TV, Samsung Smart TVs and media players running Android TV. DStv Now is available free to all DStv customers (the specific content available is linked to the customer’s DStv package).
DStv subscribers can look forward to new and returning shows this November:
- Stitched, a brand-new series begins November 1 at 20.55 CAT on Lifetime channel.
- The Sixties premiers on History channel from Monday 5 November at 19.20CAT.
- Guy’s Grocery Games on Food Network from Monday 5 November at 19.00CAT.
- Diet Secrets and How to Lose Weight is on BBC Lifestyle from Tuesday 6 November at 20.00CAT.
- Two brand new shows premier on M-Net with A Million Little Things beginning Friday 23 November at 21.00CAT and Castle Rock beginning Monday 26 November at 22.00CAT.
- The 2018 BET Soul Train Awards will air live on BET on Thursday 29 November 2018 from 21.00CAT.
Movie lovers can look forward to a variety of movies including
- Ride Along to air on Friday, 2 November at 21:00 CAT on 1 Magic,
- Love Actually will premiere on TCM on Sunday, 4 November at 20:00 CAT,
- M-Net Movies Premier will showcase Only the Brave on Sunday, 11 November at 20:30 CAT.
- How to Be Single will air on M-Net Movies Smile on Thursday, 15 November at 20:00 CAT
- The Honeymooners screening on 1Magic on Friday, 16 November at 21:00 CAT.
Action movies lovers will also be happy to know that M-Net Movies has assembled an explosive DC Heroes pop-up channel for DStv Premium customers beginning November 9 on DStv 109. Among the highlights on the M-Net Movies DC Comics pop-up channel include every live action Superman film ever made, Batman films and captivating action of Wonder Woman. Children can also watch seven animated films including The Lego Batman Movie.
“Our strategy aims to provide customers with more of their favourite content, at great value. We listen to our customers to understand their changing lives, the pressures they face and what matters most to them. We constantly strive to find and develop the right mix of content and deliver it to our subscribers anytime, anywhere.,” said MultiChoice Kenya Managing Director, Eric Odipo.
With the kids at home for the holidays, an exciting line-up of shows and movies is already set to keep them glued to the screen. Disney Original Movie Freaky Friday will air on Friday 2 November at 16.00CAT on Disney Channel, My World Kitchen airs on CBeebies from Monday 5 November at 15.20CAT, DuckTales is on Disney XD on Saturday 10 November at 09.30CAT. Blaze and the Monster Machine races into Nick Junior every weekday at 16.40 CAT and Scooby-Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed embarks on an epic rescue on Boomerang on Sunday 25 November at 15.00 CAT.
On Maisha Magic East:
This is Kenya’s only channel with 100% local content.
- Sunday 3 November air Matwana Matatu Culture on 21.30CAT,
- Jikoni, a cooking show premiers November 3 at 15.00CAT,
- Double bills of Kwa JP premier on Fridays 19.00CAT,
- Varshita! airs Saturdays 18.30CAT,
- Maza premiers weekdays at 18.30CAT
- Kashfa airs every Monday to Friday at 17.00CAT.
DStv customers will also have an opportunity to get specialized customer service as the DStv Caravans traverse the country during this season. Customers get support from our customer care agents to access decoders and accessories, upgrade, reconnect and resolve issues quickly and easily. Subscribers also have the option to visit MultiChoice service centers in Nairobi, Kisumu, Mombasa and Nyeri for technical issues and purchases.
DStv Purchases can also be made online on soko.dstv.com.
Why not gather together this festive season with family, friends, colleagues and great entertainment from DStv!