As part of DStv’s ongoing efforts to bring its active subscribers the best in entertainment and delight them with content that resonates with them, MultiChoice and TBN Africa have collaborated to put together a special Easter celebration with the launch of a pop-up channel dubbed African Easter channel – Bringing Easter to your home.
Multichoice Kenya Managing Director Nancy Matimu said, “The African Easter channel has been launched in line with our ongoing efforts to enhance our customers’ viewing experience. As the undisputed number one provider of religious content, we want to deliver relevant shows that resonate with our customers’ needs and enrich their lives with a vast selection of content particularly at this time when families are home. This channel will allow believers to conveniently congregate with other Christians from around the world to observe Easter, straight from their TVs, phones or tablets.”
The pop-up channel will launch on DStv channel 344 on Thursday, 9 April at 16h00 CAT until Monday, 13 April 2020 and will bring the Easter experience to viewers’ homes during this time when churches cannot gather. African Easter channel – Bringing Easter to your home will be available to all DStv subscribers on Premium, Compact Plus, Compact, Family and Access. Viewers will be also be able to watch the channel from multiple devices i.e. TV, laptop, tablet or cell phone via the DStv Now App at no additional cost.
On the African Easter channel, viewers can look forward to music, sermons, documentaries and moviesto suit their various spiritual needs. The channel will offer programmingthat will keep worshippers engaged and fulfilled as they observe and celebrate Easter during the four days of the channel going live.
At a glance
· The pop-up channel will be available from Good Friday to Easter Monday, between 08h00 and 24h00 each day.
· On Thursday, the channel launches with two hours of worship from Benjamin Dube award-winning gospel artist, Todd Dulaney’s trip through Africa and a sermon on Golgotha by Joseph Prince.
· On Good Friday, apart from worship from Lebo Sekgobela, William McDowell and Joyous Celebration, the line-up will also feature some speakers on the crucifixion. Special Good Friday messages from the Catholic, Methodist and Anglican church will also be featured ending the day with a movie title’ The Apostle Peter and the Last Super’.
· On Saturday, there will be a fresh slate of worshippers such as Dr Tumi, Mahalia Buchanan, Soweto Gospel Choir and Don Moen. There will also be Easter messages from Mosa Sono, Chris Mathebula and Joel Osteen followed by a short film based on the life of Mary Magdalene and an Easter Musical.
· On Sunday, Ntokozo Mbambo, Khaya Mthethwa, Solly Mahlangu and Joe Mettle will lead viewers in worship. The Catholic, Anglican and Methodist churches will provide a special message and Easter Sunday service. Rivers Church and TD Jakes will also form part of the line-up, ending off with the Jesus Film.
· Monday begins with Nigerian-based international gospel artist Tim Godfrey and is dedicated to highlights form the weekend, including messages from Angus Buchan, Musa Ntinga and John Roebert.